top of page

Tourists visiting Phangan warned of box jellyfish during August-September.

On 28 Aug 2021, Koh Phangan Hospital has warned tourists and public members visiting Phangan island of the poisonous box jellyfish during August-September.

At 19:00 on 28 Aug 2021, there was a report of a 9-year-old Israeli boy who has died because of a box jellyfish while swimming at Haad Rin beach on Koh Phangan.

Ko Phangan has put a net to prevent box jellyfish in the area of ​​Haad Rin, and provide vinegar pole First aid in the area around the island

However, tourists are warned to not swim in the sea after it rains or at night or swim outside the jellyfish buoy. If in doubt about the venom of the venom jellyfish, immediately pour it with vinegar.

To treat jellyfish stings. Only vinegar can be used; freshwater must not be applied because it will cause the poison to spread.

For emergency, call 1669.


Latest Posts


Unique 5 Bedroom Beachfront Pool Villa in Koh Samui

105,000,000 THB

Villa For Sale, Villa

Unique 5 Bedroom Beachfront Pool Villa in Koh Samui

5 Bedrooms, Beachfront

bottom of page